Tuesday 13 September 2011

Movie day!

One thing that I love to do that I am geeky about is go to the cinemas...a lot. Since I had the day relatively to myself today and it was the cheap day at the cinemas I decided to treat myself to a double feature.


On today's docket was Friends With Benefits and then Cowboys and Aliens. I thoroughly enjoyed both movies, although have to admit I started micro-sleeping a little towards the end of C&A. I think is prodominantly due to the fact that the movies were only about 25 mins apart and I didn't have quite as much time as I would have liked to have a good walk around, stretch and break before heading into the cinema again...into the same number theatre...in the exact same seat (although I didn't sit in my assigned seat in the first movie as my view was blocked - allocated seating be damned!).



For me, there is something about going to the cinemas on your own that is really fun. It's just you and the movie (and more often than not some popcorn too) and you can just relax and enjoy the story and the characters. Its particularly great if its a movie you know noone else would want to see or just for getting to indulge in that hopeless yet appealing chick flick you wanna spare the boyfriend from having to go see with you.


So that's what I did today, I had a really enjoyable cinema day, despite the part where I had to go into work afterwards and sort out some stuff. A manager's work is never done. Sigh.

No comments: