Monday 12 September 2011

Speak Out With Your Geek Out


Well, its been more than 12 months since my last blog post and since I begun podcasting in Feb this year I've been toying with the idea of revitalising this blog and getting back into it all. Cut to seven months later and here we finally are.
The main thrust in me doing this has been the event Speak Out With Your Geek Out which is happening this week (Sept 12-16) whereby people all across the internet are invited to speak out positively about the things that they do that are geeky and that they love.
My own personal embracing of my geeky nature has been a real process. While I have been engaged with (and more recently involved in the creation of ) the content on podcast network Geekshow Entertainment for a few years now, like many geeks it has taken me a while to cast off the negative connotations and social stigma of such a label, to forget it all and just enjoy being who I am. Geekshow has played a big role in that and for those reading from the site, a massive THANK YOU for that :-)
Anyways, the SOWYGO event is all about being positive, honest, open, encouraging and ultimately about being who we are unashamedly and tolerating and celebrating diversity of others' opinions and hobbies.
For my contribution to this event I am going to be blogging at least once a day (conventiently I have this week off work) about some of the things I am geeky about. Hopefully in the process of this I can revitalise this sad and forgotten blog of mine - and have a whole heap of fun doing it!
So get ready y'all cuz I'm about to Speak Out With MY Geek Out!

No comments: